Are you ready to take your business to the next level of sustainability?
Where do you start, and how much time, money, and effort would it cost?
If your business produces food or paper waste, composting it may be one of
the most simple yet impactful ways to make a difference.
Compost RVA makes it easy to integrate composting into your business model!
How does it work?
1. Compost RVA will visit your business and assess your daily/weekly waste stream, and establish a custom pick up schedule.
2. Compost RVA will bring you compost buckets and lids to get you started, and review what is compostable with your staff.
3. You fill the buckets with food waste, and store it in the designated spot.
4. Compost RVA will pick up multiple times each week following your custom pick up schedule, and bring you clean buckets.
1 buckets per pickup: $8/bucket
2-3 buckets per pickup: $4/bucket
4-5 buckets per pickup: $3/bucket
6-9 buckets per pickup: $2/bucket
- 10-19 buckets per pickup: $1.5/bucket
20+ buckets per pickup: $ Call for pricing
Have your neighboring food businesses to compost with you for volume discount!
Because you get compost back! We provide one 5-gallon bucket of Compost RVA’s mixed compost back to you to help your restaurant garden/landscape per year, but can provide larger amounts at a rate depending on quantity.
Composting provides a bacterial source for plants and soil to work together effectively.
Composting provides an efficient usage of space that can hold waste, but is eventually turned into a reusable product.
Because you help our community! Your food waste becomes compost we donate to the the community gardens to combat food deserts and food shortage.
Compost provides not only nutrients, but beneficial bacteria the soil and plants need.
Good bacteria in soil produces better plant growth.
Wanna try it? See how long it takes you to fill one bucket!
If you want to try composting, but aren't sure of the financial commitment, we will bring you one 5 gallon bucket to your business for free.
See how long it takes to fill that bucket and see how much waste your business makes that could be turned into something productive.
Here are local businesses that compost:
Community Gardens We Help:
Green Elementary Garden
Fox Elementary Garden
Ready to compost? You can become a composter too, and make that first step to true sustainability.